2004-05 IHSAA Boys Swimming & Diving Sectionals
Dates: February 17, 19, 2005.
Advancement: All first place swimming event winners in each sectional will advance to the state meet along with any participant who equals or betters the state time standard in that event’s consolation or championship heat. The next fastest times in each event also will qualify in order to bring the field to 32 entrants. The top four divers at each sectional will advance to one of four diving regionals slated for Tuesday, Feb. 22 with the top eight from each site advancing to the state meet.
1. Carmel (11): Brebeuf
Center Grove, Franklin Community,
3. Columbus North (15): Batesville, Columbus East, Columbus North, East Central, Greensburg, Jennings County, Lawrenceburg, Madison, Milan, Oldenburg Academy, Salem, Scottsburg, Seymour, South Dearborn, Southwestern (Hanover).
6. Crown Point (16): Crown Point, East Chicago Central, Griffith, Hammond, Hammond Clark, Hammond Gavit, Hammond Morton, Hanover Central, Highland, Kankakee Valley, Lake Central, Lowell, Munster, North Newton, Rensselaer Central, South Newton.
7. Fort Wayne South Side (11): Carroll (Fort Wayne), Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger, Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, Fort Wayne Canterbury, Fort Wayne Concordia, Fort Wayne Elmhurst, Fort Wayne Northrop, Fort Wayne North Side, Fort Wayne Snider, Fort Wayne South Side, Fort Wayne Wayne.
8. Franklin Central (11): Beech Grove, Ben Davis, Decatur Central, Franklin Central, Indianapolis Deaf School, Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter, Indianapolis Scecina, Indianapolis Arsenal Technical, Roncalli, Speedway, Warren Central.
11. Jasper (18): Charlestown, Corydon Central, Floyd Central, Forest Park, Heritage Hills, Jasper, Jeffersonville, New Albany, North Harrison, Northeast Dubois, Pike Central, Providence, Silver Creek, South Knox, South Spencer, Southridge, Tell City, Vincennes Lincoln.
12. LaPorte (12): Calumet, Chesterton, Gary Roosevelt, Gary Wirt, Hanover Central, Hobart, LaPorte, Merrillville, Michigan City, Portage, Valparaiso, Wheeler.
13. Mishawaka (10): Bremen, Mishawaka, Mishawaka Marian, New Prairie, Penn, South Bend Adams, South Bend Clay, South Bend Riley, South Bend St. Joseph’s, South Bend Washington.
18. Wawasee (12): Columbia City, Culver Academies, Fairfield, Knox, Manchester, Northfield, Oregon-Davis, Plymouth, Rochester, Tippecanoe Valley, Warsaw, Wawasee.
Boys Diving Regionals
Advancement: The top eight divers from each site advance to the state finals.
Franklin Central, New
Admission: $8.00 per session or $12.00 both days.
Advancement: During Friday preliminaries, the top eight in each swimming event will advance to Saturday’s championship heat, while the ninth through 16th positions will compete in Saturday’s consolation heat. All diving will take place on Saturday with the top 21 of 32 competitors advancing from the prelims to the semis after five dives each. After three dives each in the semis, the top 16 will advance to the final round for another three dives each.