2005-06 IHSAA Girls Swimming & Diving State Tournament Series
Dates: Thursday, Feb. 2 (swimming prelims); Saturday, Feb. 4 (All rounds of diving and swimming consolations and finals).
Admission: $4.00 per session; $7.00 all sessions.
Swimming Advancement: 1. First place sectional winners in each event qualifies for the state meet plus; 2. Any contestant who equals or betters the state time standard in their respective event in the consolation finals or championship finals of the sectional qualifies for the state plus; 3. The next fastest number of contestants in the state that would bring the total number of state meet entrants to thirty-two (32) in each event. In the event that a tie exists for the 32nd position, the state qualifier shall be determined by the fastest preliminary time of both swimmers. If preliminary times are identical, both swimmers shall advance.
Diving Advancement: First through fourth place winners will qualify for the diving regional.
(11): Brebeuf Jesuit,
4. Chesterton (12): Calumet, Chesterton, Gary Roosevelt, Gary West Side, Gary Wirt, Hobart, LaPorte, Merrillville, Michigan City, Portage, Valparaiso, Wheeler.
5. Columbus North (15): Batesville, Columbus East, Columbus North, East Central, Greensburg, Jennings County, Lawrenceburg, Madison, Milan, Oldenburg Academy, Salem, Scottsburg, Seymour, South Dearborn, Southwestern (Hanover).
8. Crown Point (16): Crown Point, East Chicago Central, Griffith, Hammond, Hammond Clark, Hammond Gavit, Hammond Morton, Hammond Bishop Noll, Highland, Kankakee Valley, Lake Central, Lowell, Munster, North Newton, Rensselaer Central, South Newton.
9. Fort Wayne South Side (11): Carroll (Fort Wayne), Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger, Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, Fort Wayne Canterbury, Fort Wayne Concordia, Fort Wayne Elmhurst, Fort Wayne Northrop, Fort Wayne North Side, Fort Wayne Snider, Fort Wayne South Side, Fort Wayne Wayne.
10. Franklin Central (13): Beech Grove, Ben Davis, Covenant Christian, Decatur Central, Franklin Central, Indianapolis Deaf School, Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter, Indianapolis Scecina, Indianapolis Arsenal Technical, International, Roncalli, Speedway, Warren Central.
(11): Adams Central,
Bellmont, Blackford, Bluffton,
Center Grove, Franklin Community,
14. Jasper (18): Charlestown, Corydon Central, Floyd Central, Forest Park, Heritage Hills, Jasper, Jeffersonville, New Albany, North Harrison, Northeast Dubois, Pike Central, Providence, Silver Creek, South Spencer, Southridge, Tell City, Vincennes Lincoln, Washington.
16. Mount Vernon (13): Boonville, Castle, Evansville Bosse, Evansville Central, Evansville Harrison, Evansville Mater Dei, Evansville Memorial, Evansville North, Evansville Reitz, Gibson Southern, Mount Vernon, Oakland City Wood Memorial, Tecumseh.
17. New Palestine (10): Centerville, Connersville, Eastern Hancock, Greenfield-Central, Hagerstown, Mount Vernon (Fortville), New Castle, New Palestine, Richmond, Rushville.
19. Penn (10): Bremen, Mishawaka, Mishawaka Marian, New Prairie, Penn, South Bend Adams, South Bend Clay, South Bend Riley, South Bend St. Joseph’s, South Bend Washington.
20. Warsaw (12): Columbia City, Culver Academies, Fairfield, Knox, Manchester, North Judson, Oregon-Davis, Plymouth, Rochester, Tippecanoe Valley, Warsaw, Wawasee.
Regionals (Diving only)
Dates: Tuesday, Feb. 7.
Diving Advancement: First through eighth place winners will qualify for the state finals.
4. Zionsville (5): Brownsburg, Crawfordsville,
Franklin Central, New
Prelims: Friday, Feb. 10; Starting time is 6 p.m. EST.
Finals: Saturday, Feb. 11; Diving prelims and semis begin at 9 a.m. EST; Consolations and finals for all events begin at 1 p.m. EST.
Admission: $8.00 per session or $12.00 both days.
Site: Indiana University Natatorium,
IUPUI, 901 W.
Media Credentials: Please
fax requests on company letterhead, including names of applicants, to IHSAA
Sports Information Director