The Methodist Sports Medicine Research and Education Foundation, the non-profit arm of the Methodist Sports Medicine / The Orthopedic Specialists, is seeking nominations for the 13th Annual Thomas A. Brady, MD Comeback Award. This award is unique because it honors both male and female student-athletes at the collegiate and high school level from Indiana who have distinguished themselves by overcoming adversity or injury, and returned and excelled beyond expectations in their respective sport(s). Recipients of this award will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Our Board of Directors is asking athletic directors, coaches and athletic trainers to nominate one male and one female student-athlete who satisfies the criteria set forth in this form. The board will select four student-athletes, one male and one female from the universities and colleges, and one male and one female from the high schools in Indiana as the Thomas A. Brady, MD Comeback Award winners.
Comeback Nomination Form
1. Each university, college or high school may nominate one male and one female student-athlete that satisfy the criteria.
2. You may include two letters of recommendation.
3. Nominations forms will not be accepted if accompanied by any supplemental materials, i.e. photographs, newspaper articles, videotape or DVD’s.
4. All nominees must satisfy the criteria.
5. The winners will be informed at least one month prior to the awards dinner to be held on April 19, 2018.
Nominations must be submitted by February 21, 2018 either online or to:
Doug Thornton, Executive Director
Methodist Sports Medicine Research & Education Foundation
201 Pennsylvania Parkway, Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46268