Thomas A. Brady, MD Comeback Scholarship Award
The Forté Orthopedic Research Institute, the non-profit arm of Forté Sports Medicine and Orthopedics, is excited to announce the opening of the 18th annual Brady Comeback Award nominations. This award is unique because it honors both male and female student-athletes at the collegiate and high school level from Indiana who has distinguished themselves by overcoming adversity or injury and returned and excelled beyond expectations in their respective sport(s). Recipients of this award will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
Our Board of Directors is asking athletic directors, coaches, athletic trainers, family, and community to nominate one male and one female student-athlete who satisfy the criteria outlined in this form. The board will select four student-athletes, a male and a female from the universities and colleges, and one male and one female from the high schools in Indiana, as the Brady Comeback Award winners.
- Each university, college or high school may nominate one male and one female student-athlete that satisfy the criteria.
- You may include two letters of recommendation.
- Nominations forms will not be accepted if accompanied by any supplemental materials, i.e. photographs, newspaper articles, or highlight tapes
- All nominees must satisfy the criteria.
- The winners will be informed in March 2023.
Nominations must be submitted by March 11, 2023, either online or to:
Mo Barkley, Director of Philanthropy
Forté Orthopedic Research Institute
10767 Illinois Street, Suite A2200
Carmel, IN 46032
- Nominee must have overcome adversity or injury that affected their level of or ability to participate in college-level, or IHSAA sanctioned sports.
- Nominee must have returned to their sport(s) and demonstrated achievement beyond expectations.
- The student-athlete must consistently demonstrate good sportsmanship and ethical behavior on and off the playing field.
- Nominee must be in good academic standing.
- Student-athlete must be a member of an athletic team during the 2022-23 academic year.
- Nominee must be willing to participate in Brady Awards event on Wednesday, April 19 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.