Thomas A. Brady, MD Comeback Scholarship Award
The Forté Orthopedic Research Institute, the non-profit arm of Forté Sports Medicine and Orthopedics, is excited to announce the opening of the 19th annual Brady Comeback Award nominations. This award is unique because it honors both male and female student-athletes at the high school level from Indiana who has distinguished themselves by overcoming adversity or injury and returned and excelled beyond expectations in their respective sport(s). Recipients of this award will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
Our Board of Directors is asking athletic directors, coaches, athletic trainers, family, and community to come together to nominate one male and one female student-athlete who satisfy the criteria outlined in this form. The board will select two student-athletes, one male and one female from the high schools in Indiana, as the Brady Comeback Award winners.
- Each high school may nominate one male and one female student-athlete that satisfy the criteria.
- You may include two letters of recommendation.
- Nominations forms will not be accepted if accompanied by any supplemental materials, i.e. photographs, newspaper articles, or highlight tapes
- All nominees must satisfy the criteria.
- The winners will be informed in March 2024.
Nominations must be submitted by March 9, 2024, on the programs tab on myIHSAA.net, and directly from your high school administration.
For any questions, please reach out to:
Trip Lukemeyer, Director
- Nominee must have overcome adversity or injury that affected their level of or ability to participate in IHSAA sanctioned sports.
- Nominee must have returned to their sport(s) and demonstrated achievement beyond expectations.
- The student-athlete must consistently demonstrate good sportsmanship and ethical behavior on and off the playing field.
- Nominee must be in good academic standing.
- Student-athlete must be a member of an athletic team during the 2023-24 academic year.
- Nominee must be willing to participate in an upcoming awards event on a to be determined date at Gridiron Hall in Indianapolis.