Get Back in the Game
Participation in high school athletics doesn’t have to end with high school graduation. Even if you’ve been away from the game for a while, you can get back in the game by becoming a licensed official in any of the 20 sports sanctioned by the Indiana High School Athletic Association.
As a licensed official, you not only have the opportunity to earn a little extra money, but also the opportunity to be a positive influence in a young person’s life. The hours are somewhat flexible and contracts can be accepted based on a day-to-day availability.
All of the information below pertains to new officials ONLY! Renewing officials must login at www.arbitersports.com to register for the 2013-14 season or more information.
To Become an IHSAA Licensed Official, you will need to complete the registration process, take a computer generated open-book test and score 75% or better. Once you are licensed, you will need to join one of the twenty-four officials associations throughout the state and attend an annual rules interpretation meeting.
Follow the directions below to begin the application process:
- You must have an email address. You may acquire a free email address at:
-Gmail - Gmail is the Google; Web Site: http://gmail.google.com/
-Hotmail - Windows Live Hotmail; Website: http://mail.live.com/
-Yahoo Mail - Yahoo; Web Site: http://mail.yahoo.com/
- Rules books will be sent to you for study prior to the test.
- The cost of applying to take a test in a sport is $45.00 for up to three sports in one year. No money will be refunded.
- Testing materials will be sent out seasonally for each sport. Approximately a month before the start of the testing period, rule books will be sent out to all officials that have applied for that sport. Officials applying within a month of the testing period will be sent testing materials approximately one week after they have registered on-line.
- The link below takes you to the Registration page on Arbiter where you will complete the Registration process
- Check sports to be tested, give personal information again, and enter credit card (VISA or Master Card only) or e-check information for payment
- Submit information to complete the registration
- Copy the final page for your records.