Entry List Deadline: Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017, 4 pm ET / 3 pm CT.
Class 6A: Oct. 27; Nov. 3, 2017.
Class 5A-1A: Oct. 20, 27, Nov. 3, 2017.
Times: 7 pm local time or as determined by host school.
Admission: $6 per person.
Determining Home Team
First Round: The second-named team in the blind draw is host school unless the two teams agree to switch the site.
Semifinals: The team without a home game will host. Exception: The bye team will always be the visitor. If both teams were hosts or both were visitors, the second-named team in the quarter bracket will host. In 6A & 5A, in the four team sectionals, the second-named team will host.
Championships: Host team will be the team that has played the most away games. If both teams have played the same number of away games, the bottom bracket team shall host.
State Tournament Pairings | Class 6A Bracket | Class 5A Bracket | Class 4A Bracket | Class 3A Bracket | Class 2A Bracket | Class A Bracket
Class 6A (32 schools)
1. (4): Crown Point, Lake Central, Merrillville, Portage.
2. (4): Chesterton, Penn, Valparaiso, Warsaw Community.
3. (4): Carroll (Fort Wayne), Fort Wayne Northrop, Fort Wayne Snider, Homestead.
4. (4): Carmel, Lafayette Jefferson, Noblesville, Westfield.
5. (4): Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, North Central (Indianapolis), Pike.
6. (4): Ben Davis, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Warren Central.
7. (4): Avon, Brownsburg, Perry Meridian, Southport.
8. (4): Center Grove, Columbus North, Franklin Central, Jeffersonville.
Class 5A (37 schools)
9. (4): LaPorte, Michigan City, Munster, South Bend Adams.
10. (5): Concord, Elkhart Central, Elkhart Memorial, Fort Wayne North Side, Goshen.
11. (4): Harrison (West Lafayette), Huntington North, Kokomo, McCutcheon.
12. (5): Anderson, Greenfield-Central, Muncie Central, New Palestine, Zionsville.
13. (5): Decatur Central, Indianapolis Arsenal Technical, Indianapolis Cathedral, Plainfield, Roncalli.
14. (5): Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Franklin Community, Martinsville, Whiteland Community.
15. (5): Bedford North Lawrence, Columbus East, Floyd Central, New Albany, Seymour.
16. (4): Castle, Evansville North, Terre Haute North Vigo, Terre Haute South Vigo.
Class 4A (64 Schools)
17. (8): East Chicago Central, Gary West Side, Griffith, Hammond, Hammond Gavit, Hammond Morton, Highland, Lowell.
18. (8): Hobart, Kankakee Valley, Mishawaka, New Prairie, South Bend Clay, South Bend Riley, South Bend St. Joseph, South Bend Washington.
19. (8): Angola, Culver Academies, DeKalb, East Noble, Northridge, NorthWood, Plymouth, Wawasee.
20. (8): Columbia City, Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger, Fort Wayne South Side, Fort Wayne Wayne, Jay County, Leo, Logansport, New Haven.
21. (8): Delta, Frankfort, Lebanon, Marion, Mississinewa, Pendleton Heights, Western, Yorktown.
22. (8): Beech Grove, Connersville, Greenwood Community, Mooresville, Mt. Vernon (Fortville), New Castle, Richmond, Shelbyville.
23. (8): East Central, Edgewood, Franklin County, Jennings County, Madison Consolidated, Scottsburg, Silver Creek, South Dearborn.
24. (8): Boonville, Evansville Bosse, Evansville Central, Evansville F.J. Reitz, Evansville Harrison, Jasper, Northview, Owen Valley.
Class 3A (63 Schools)
25. (8): Andrean, Benton Central, Calumet, Hammond Clark, Hanover Central, Twin Lakes, West Lafayette, Wheeler.
26. (8): Blackford, Brebeuf Jesuit, Crawfordsville, Guerin Catholic, Hamilton Heights, North Montgomery, Northwestern, Southmont.
27. (8): Fairfield, Glenn, Jimtown, Knox, Maconaquah, Mishawaka Marian, Peru, Tippecanoe Valley.
28. (8): Bellmont, Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, Fort Wayne Concordia Lutheran, Garrett, Heritage, Lakeland, Norwell, West Noble.
29. (7): Indian Creek, Indianapolis Bishop Chatard, Indianapolis Broad Ripple, Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter, Indianapolis Manual, Indianapolis Northwest, Rushville Consolidated.
30. (8): Brown County, Danville Community, Greencastle, Monrovia, South Vermillion, Sullivan, Tri-West Hendricks, West Vigo.
31. (8): Batesville, Brownstown Central, Charlestown, Corydon Central, Greensburg, Lawrenceburg, North Harrison, Salem.
32. (8): Evansville Memorial, Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon, Pike Central, Princeton Community, Vincennes Lincoln, Washington.
Class 2A (63 Schools)
33. (7): Boone Grove, Gary Roosevelt, Hammond Bishop Noll, Lake Station Edison, North Newton, River Forest, Whiting.
34. (8): Bluffton, Bremen, Central Noble, Manchester, Prairie Heights, Wabash, Whitko, Woodlan.
35. (8): Cass, Delphi Community, Eastbrook, Eastern (Greentown), Oak Hill, Rensselaer Central, Rochester Community, Taylor.
36. (8): Alexandria, Elwood Community, Frankton, Lapel, Madison-Grant, Northeastern, Shenandoah, Winchester Community.
37. (8): Centerville, Eastern Hancock, Heritage Christian, Indianapolis Scecina, Knightstown, Milan, Triton Central, Union County.
38. (8): Cascade, Cloverdale, Indianapolis Washington, North Putnam, Park Tudor, Speedway, Tipton, Western Boone.
39. (8): Clarksville, Crawford County, Eastern (Pekin), Mitchell, Paoli, Perry Central, Providence, Switzerland County.
40. (8): Evansville Mater Dei, Forest Park, Linton-Stockton, North Knox, North Posey, South Spencer, Southridge, Tell City.
Class A (62 Schools)
41. (8): Caston, Culver Community, LaVille, North Judson-San Pierre, South Central (Union Mills), Triton, West Central, Winamac Community.
42. (8): Carroll (Flora), Frontier, Lafayette Central Catholic, North Miami, North White, Pioneer, South Newton, Tri-County.
43. (8): Adams Central, Churubusco, Eastside, Fremont, Northfield, South Adams, Southern Wells, Southwood.
44. (8): Anderson Preparatory Academy, Clinton Central, Clinton Prairie, Monroe Central, Sheridan, Tri-Central, Union City, Wes-Del.
45. (7): Covenant Christian (Indianapolis), Indiana School for the Deaf, Indianapolis Arlington, Indianapolis Howe, Indianapolis Shortridge, South Putnam, Tindley.
46. (8): Cambridge City Lincoln, Edinburgh, Hagerstown, Indianapolis Lutheran, North Decatur, Oldenburg Academy, South Decatur, Tri.
47. (8): Attica, Covington, Fountain Central, North Vermillion, Riverton Parke, Rockville, Seeger, Turkey Run.
48 (7): Eastern Greene, North Central (Farmersburg), North Daviess, Springs Valley, Tecumseh, West Washington, Wood Memorial.
1. Banners and posters are not allowed.
2. No battery powered or electronic noise makers, fireworks, recorded music, sirens or whistles are allowed.
3. Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue and baby powder, is not allowed.
4. No live animal mascots are permitted at anytime.
5. The facility should be as neutral as possible without any enhancements that emphasize a home team.
Dates: November 24-25, 2017.
Site: Lucas Oil Stadium, 500 S. Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis | Website
Tickets: $15.00 per day. All seats are general admission. Children age 5 and younger are admitted at no charge.
Single day tickets may be purchased at participating schools the week of the state finals. Contact schools for ticket distribution hours. Purchase advance tickets through a participating school and $1.00 for every ticket sold will be reimbursed to that school.
Single day tickets may also be purchased from the IHSAA e-Commerce Store or on game day at the Lucas Oil Stadium Ticket Office located on the southeast side of the venue at street level nearest Capitol Avenue.
Gates Open: Lucas Oil Stadium will open its gates to fans beginning at 11 am ET (one hour prior to kickoff of the first game) each day.
Television: The Class A, 2A, 3A, 4A games will air live on Fox Sports Indiana while Friday’s 5A and Saturday’s 6A game broadcast will air on Fox Sports Indiana Plus, an alternate channel, due to overlap with the Indiana Pacers broadcast those evenings. Channel Listings
Webstream: For viewers outside of the Fox Sports Indiana coverage area, a live stream will be available at IHSAAtv.org. For those within the FSI coverage area, the stream will be available only on delayed basis following the conclusion of the telecast.
Radio: Each game will be broadcast on affiliates of the IHSAA Champions Network.
Determining Home Team: Decided by coin flip between coaches at Monday meeting before IHSAA state finals.
Official Football: The Wilson 1003 GST, the official football of the IHSAA state tournament, will be used. | Wilson ad
Class 6A Bracket | Class 5A Bracket | Class 4A Bracket | Class 3A Bracket | Class 2A Bracket | Class A Bracket
Preview | Official Program | Approved Broadcasts
Friday, Nov. 24, 2017
Class A State Championship
Final | Pioneer 42, Eastern Greene 14
■ Final Records: Pioneer (15-0), Eastern Greene (11-4)
■ Pioneer caps perfect 15-0 season with second football crown (1997)
■ Panthers' Garrett Schroder named Ress Mental Attitude Award recipient
Box Score | Recap
Class 3A State Championship
Final | Evansville Memorial 29, Brebeuf Jesuit 17
■ Final Records: Evansville Memorial (14-1), Brebeuf Jesuit (10-5)
■ Memorial captures first football state championship
■ Brebeuf's Dillon Howell named Ress Mental Attitude Award recipient
Box Score | Recap
Class 5A State Championship
Final | Columbus East 42, Kokomo 28
■ Final Records: Columbus East (14-1), Kokomo (9-5)
■ Columbus East claims third football state championship
■ Kokomo's Kyle Wade receives Eskew Mental Attitude Award
Box Score | Recap
Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017
Class 2A State Championship
Final | Southridge 15, Woodlan 14
■ Final Records: Southridge (13-2), Woodlan (12-3)
■ Southridge's late gamble pays off with first football state championship
■ Southridge's Jayce Harter named Ress Mental Attitude Award recipient
Box Score | Recap
Class 4A State Championship
Final | East Central 14, Lowell 7
■ Final Records: East Central (12-3), Lowell (14-1)
■ East Central takes second football title in school history (1994, 2017)
■ Trojans' Jayden Williamson wins Eskew Mental Attitude Award
Box Score | Recap
Class 6A State Championship
Final | Ben Davis 63, Penn 14
■ Final Records: Ben Davis (14-0), Penn (12-2)
■ Ben Davis captures ninth state title
■ Giants' Tommy McDonald wins Eskew Mental Attitude Award
Box Score | Recap